TERRITORY BRAND SPECIALIST: MARYLAND
In 2008, cofounders Chris and Jon Cook began Blackwater Distilling to bring back Maryland’s distinguished distilling tradition. Quickly recognized for our award-winning spirits (Sloop Betty Vodkas and Picaroon Rums), our distribution has expanded from MD to DC and VA, with further expansion planned.
We are passionate about our company and our spirits, and spreading the Blackwater Distilling message to unleash your inner rogue and drink better spirits.
The ideal candidate is a college graduate and has at least two years’ professional experience with a craft beverage supplier or wholesaler, but experience can be substituted for formal education. The ideal candidate resides in Maryland and is willing to travel to all parts of the state. Industry experience is a must. Complete working knowledge of working with distributors, the three-tier system, on-premise and off-premise sales.
- Passion for craft beverage & sales
- High levels of energy & self-motivation
- Organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry
- Live in the territory & have a reliable car
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, sales and management is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid and clean driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- 2+ years of sales/distributor management experience
- Expand Blackwater’s business in territory as the primary contact with established wholesalers by increasing package distribution off and on premise
- Increase cocktail menu presence in each market
- Conducting sales meetings and kickoff meeting
- Ensure inventory of Blackwater brands is in stock and properly rotated and in code at retail
- Schedule and facilitate “ride withs” with sales reps/team leaders in each wholesaler
- Manage spending budgets for each wholesaler
- Execute and develop a promotional calendar geared towards building sales and distribution
- Develop key customers in each territory and attain a proprietary relationship with said retailers to gain sales and distribution
- Plan and execute promotional events with key retailers that may occur any day of the week
- Keep a weekly/biweekly planner of goals and account calls within each wholesale territory
- Forecast seasonal brand execution and track results
- Conduct monthly and quarterly wholesale wrap-up meetings covering distribution gains and sales results
- Completely understand and embrace Blackwater Distilling brands and culture and deliver our message to wholesale and retail customers
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional sales team working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Position offers a great learning experience and opportunity for development.
- Competitive salary and commission based on experience
- Health/ dental/ vision
- 401K and car allowance
- 40 hour minimum work week, with extended hours as required
- Must be available to work some evenings, some weekends, and some holidays
- Must be available for occasional overnight travel
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line of the email.